Dark chocolate peanut butter cups can be homemade right in your kitchen in less time than it takes you to run to the store to purchase peanut butter cups that are full of nasty ingredients.
All you need is 3 ingredients to make dark chocolate peanut butter cups. It’s super easy!!! This is a dark chocolate peanut butter cup recipe, but you can certainly use milk chocolate if that is your preference.
Doesn’t this picture of the dark chocolate peanut butter cups get your mouth watering?
When I took these to my boys school as part of our Friday lunch date I handed them out to teachers who promptly told me these where some of the best they have ever tasted. “They melt in your mouth! Oh my goodness!!!” That was generally the response I got as chocolate was dripping from their mouths. lol!
ok, ok here is the the recipe….introducing…..
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 Oz Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- Melt chocolate over a pot of boiling water with the coconut oil.
- Line a small muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Fill the bottom with the melted chocolate.
- Spoon a bit of peanut butter on top.
- Fill to the top with chocolate.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
Filling the little miniature peanut butter cups is pretty fun, especially when you get to lick the extra that spills over. haha!
Just in case you need one more picture to get you in the mood…